Protecting Your Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose personal information for various purposes:
- to develop, offer and provide products and services to meet our customers needs;
- to communicate with our customers regarding their request for services and products;
- to confirm information provided by our customers and employees;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to improve the delivery of services and products;
- to analyze risk and business results;
- as may be required or authorized by law; and
- for the purpose of hiring employees and maintaining employment relationships.
Without the relevant information, we may be unable to offer and provide products and services to meet your needs. It may also be prudent business practice for us to verify certain information provided by you.
We will not collect, use or disclose relevant personal information without your consent either verbally or in writing or in accordance with the law.
We do not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties.
The following ten principles of the Model Code for the Protection of Privacy guide our privacy practices:
We are responsible for personal information under our control and shall designate one or more persons who are accountable for our company’s compliance with these Principles.
2. Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
We shall identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
3. Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
The knowledge and consent of a customer or employee are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
We shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the legitimate purpose identified by our company. We shall collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
We shall not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. We shall retain personal information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it is to be used.
7. Security Safeguards
We shall protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
We shall make readily available to customers and employees specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Access to Personal Information
We shall inform a customer or employee of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information upon request and shall give the individual access to that information. The Individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
You may, at any time, make a request in writing to examine your personal information in our care and control. In very rare circumstances, we may be entitled, pursuant to the law, to deny such access. In such circumstances, you will be informed of the reason for denial of access. Please note: information collected via our website inquiry forms will only be held for a period of 30 days.
10. Challenging Compliance
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You can withdraw your consent for any particular use of your personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Once consent is withdrawn it may not be possible for us to continue to provide you with the service and product of your choice.